The Victorian-style farmhouse and barn were built in 1788 by the prominent Berry family. The Berry’s designed their homestead, one of the largest farmhouses in New Hampshire, upon a hill and away from the road, which today offers privacy rarely found with historic structures.
For 200 years, the property was run primarily as a farm. By 1987, amid rising operating costs, it was determined there was a better use for the property, and a proposal was put forth to build the Victorian Country Club.
The plans for the Victorian Country Club at Chichester consisted of an 18-hole golf course, function hall, pro shop, health spa, driving range, indoor swimming pool, tennis courts, baseball field, heliport and country inn. Following ambitious plans, construction began. Eighteen holes were cut, and in the fall of 1988 the first wedding was held on the property. But a turn in the economy halted progress.
In early 1993, the Giuda family purchased the property and renamed it Dell-Lea, meaning “woods and meadows” in Old English. The Giudas recognized the property’s potential to become one of the premier wedding venues in the state. In June of 1993, they held their first wedding and would continue hosting weddings for the next 23 years. The most significant renovations during their tenure occurred in 2014, including an addition to the original barn, significant kitchen renovations, a bar extension, updates to the bathrooms, and the installation of a heating and air conditioning system. In the summer of 2016, stewardship of Dell-Lea Weddings & Events passed to David and Toutou Marsden.
“We feel honored and blessed to carry forward the history of this amazing property and to host one of the most special days of our clients’ lives”.
David & Toutou